Dispensaries registered with the Department may acquire, possess, cultivate, manufacture, transfer, transport, supply, sell, or dispense marijuana, marijuana-infused products, and marijuana-related supplies to registered patients and their caregivers who have designated that dispensary. A registered patient may obtain marijuana only from their designated dispensary. The Department has currently issued five dispensary registration certificates. The Department will publish an announcement when opening the application period for the sixth dispensary registration certificates, including application requirements and deadlines for acceptance. An application period for a sixth dispensary will be announced once the number of registered patients reaches 7,000. As of March 29th, 2018, there were 5,571 patients enrolled with the Vermont Marijuana Registry.
Information for Registered Dispensaries:
Dispensary Information for Patients
For information related to the dispensaries can be located below. For more information about a specific dispensary click on the appropriate link(s) below.
Champlain Valley Dispensary (Burlington and South Burlington)
Grassroots Vermont (Brandon)
PhytoCare Vermont (Bennington)
Southern Vermont Wellness (Brattleboro and Middlebury)
Vermont Patients Alliance (Montpelier)
Information contained below pertains to individuals applying to register as a patient with the Vermont Marijuana Registry.
- Registered patients may purchase marijuana, marijuana infused products, seeds, and clones from a registered dispensary.
- Registered patients who designate a dispensary may purchase marijuana products and cultivate marijuana in a single secure indoor facility.
- Registered patients who elect to cultivate marijuana in a single secure indoor facility must provide the address and location to the VMR on his or her application. Any updates to the address and/or location of the single secure indoor facility must be submitted in writing via email or mail to the contact information below.
- Registered patients may only purchase marijuana, marijuana infused products, seeds, and clones from one dispensary and must designate the dispensary of his or her choice on their application.
- Registered patients may only change dispensaries every 30 days. After 30 days, a registered patient may change his or her designated dispensary by submitting a completed Cardholder Information Notification form and a $25 processing fee. The VMR will issue the registered patient a new registry identification card with a new registry identification number.
- ALL registered patients and caregivers MUST schedule appointments prior to going to their designated dispensary to obtain marijuana, this includes seed and clones.