The Oversight Committee will be meeting on Thursday, November 14th, 2019, from 1:30pm to 3:00pm at DPS Headquarters (45 State Drive, Waterbury, VT 05671). The agenda will be posted here when available.
The Oversight Committee is composed of the following members:
- one registered patient appointed by each dispensary;
- one registered nurse and one registered patient appointed by the governor;
- one physician appointed by the Vermont medical society;
- one member of a local zoning board appointed by the Vermont League of Cities and Towns (Vacant);
- one representative appointed jointly by the Vermont sheriffs' association and the Vermont association of chiefs of police (Vacant); and
- the Commissioner of Public Safety or his or her designee.
The Oversight Committee meets at least twice a year to evaluate and make recommendations to the General Assembly regarding:
- the ability of qualifying patients and registered caregivers in all areas of the state to obtain timely access to marijuana for symptom relief;
- the effectiveness of the registered dispensaries individually and together in serving the needs of qualifying patients and registered caregivers, including the provision of educational and support services;
- the sufficiency of the regulatory and security safeguards contained in this subchapter and adopted by the department of public safety to ensure that access to and use of cultivated marijuana is provided only to cardholders authorized for such purposes.
Notices and agendas for upcoming meetings will be posted here.
To view documents related to the Oversight Committee (annual reports, minutes, and agendas) click here.